- This event has passed.
Stop BART Service Cuts
July 12 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
On July 12th, BART’s board will receive an update on the planned 3.5-year program to retrofit the Transbay Tube 2. This critically important project also comes with a huge pitfall: systemwide off-peak service cuts. BART staff’s proposed mitigations (PDF) 3 included several options for maintaining reliable rail service, including alternate service patterns and single-tracking, but advanced only two options that include varying levels of bare-bones off-peak bus replacements.
Let’s tell the board:
- We support the Transbay Tube retrofit
- We support using bus bridges in place of rail service
- We support expanding regional bus service, in partnership with AC Transit/SamTrans
- We oppose bus bridges that don’t provide at least the same level of access to BART stations as rail service
- We oppose any cut to the base frequency of off-peak service, and want it increased to every 15 minutes
- We want BART to advance an alternative based on the service pattern used during the last complete shutdown of the Transbay Tube