Next Monday, join East Bay for Everyone, YIMBY Action, and California YIMBY in Sacramento for our second annual YIMBY Lobby Day!
Lobby Day starts at 10:00am in the CA YIMBY office at 717 K St in downtown Sacramento. There’s a great 7:43am train that leaves from Jack London Square with direct service to Sacramento. They’ve even got coffee, food, and wifi on board for the two hour trip!
We’ll be stalking the halls of the state legislature to build support and secure votes for a whole slew of housing bills. Here’s some highlights we’ll be lobbying for support:
- AB 2343 (Chiu) – increases the time periods for tenants to respond to notices and other tenant protections.
- AB 2162 requires that supportive housing be a use by right in zones where multifamily housing is permitted.
- AB 2923 (Chiu) – gives BART the authority to approve high density affordable develop on BART-owned land.
- SB 828 (Wiener) – makes a number of changes to the RHNA process.
- SB 1227 (Skinner) – creates a density bonus for student housing.
- AB 2925 (Bonta) – requires just cause before a tenant may be evicted; does not pre-empt any local ordinances.
- AB 2413 (Chiu) – alters and enhances protections for tenant domestic violence survivors.
- AB 3037 (Chiu) – allows local governments to create new redevelopment agencies, with purposes limited to infrastructure and housing, and subject to approval by the Dept. of Finance.
RSVP on the CA YIMBY website. East Bay for Everyone is able to help pay for costs of transportation to and from Sacramento if needed. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and assistance.