On Thursday, July 26, candidates up for election in Oakland’s even-numbered districts (that’s D2, D4, and D6) will be at the East Bay for Everyone offices in Downtown Oakland (2044 Franklin St) to answer questions and share their platforms.
To more directly connect attendees with candidates, the event will be structured as a mixer instead of a traditional forum. Conversation is not limited to housing or transit, attendees and candidates are welcome to discuss any issue or position. Light snacks will be provided.
The following candidates (in district order) are expected to be in attendance:
- Abel Guillén, District 2
- Nikki Fortunato Bas, District 2
- Jonathan Selsey, District 4
- Nayeli Maxson, District 4
- Pamela “Pam” Harris, District 4
- Marlo Rodriguez, District 6
Interested in what your district’s candidate thinks about a particular issue? Want to get more informed about the upcoming November election? Thinking about getting more active in Oakland politics? Join us and our Oakland City Council candidates!
Event details (Facebook event here):
- Date/Time: Thursday, July 26, 6-8PM PDT
- Location: East Bay for Everyone, 2044 Franklin St, Oakland, CA 94612
- Getting Here: One block from 19th St BART, numerous AC transit bus stops, and the free Broadway Shuttle; bike parking available inside office
East Bay for Everyone is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization advocating for more housing, improved public transit, better walking and biking infrastructure, and stronger tenant protections across the East Bay.